my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, September 12, 2005

My 15 seconds of fame

Last night was the first Green Conditioning night. We ran through a bunch of drills and then scrimmaged. One of the drills was the ladder drill, where you skate back & forth in a specific way between the lines across the rink. I volunteered to demonstrate it, thinking that if I messed up, well, at least I get credit for volunteering! (I always want to stop at the first red line, but if you stop there, there's nowhere to go on the left...)

Anyway, when I was done and everyone else had done it, one of the new players said, "Wow, you're really good." LOL And I was on the ice with Andrea and Jena, who can skate my ass off any day. Um, thanks, but no, you're wrong there!

And then Liz & I were fooling around and I fell backwards, knocking Andrea down (bad) right onto the toe of my skate (really bad) into her left buttcheek (ok, kinda funny while being bad). She really was a good sport about it. And amused us all after changing by walking around holding her buttcheek in her hand. :) Sorry, Andrea! My bad.

later clarification: "fooling around" just involved our hockey sticks. Liz and I are just friends. OK, I think that covers it.

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, September 13, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

heh, 'sok. i couldn't *not* laugh. i'm just glad it wasn't a couple inches to the right!

thanks for volunteering! and don't knock yourself, you *are* really good! damn scrappy.

thanks for the clarification, i was worried that i missed something! =P

 
At 1:25 PM, September 13, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

OMG, that's sweet, but I still feel like I am very slow and have SO much to learn... I still have times of "where am I supposed to BE?" too often.

A couple inches to the right and you and Liz would have killed me!

 
At 12:33 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

ha, same here, i feel totally slow and i still have alot to learn.

a couple inches to the right and i would've killed you both. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home