my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Tardiness

I've always hated tardiness. My own, not others'.

Well, now that G is in "real" school, tardiness counts. (At his preschool, it never really mattered if we showed up late, except that he missed out on morning "free time," when he could draw, and he didn't like that.) Yesterday, we got there at 8:30 instead of 8:20, and the teacher asked us to get a late slip. So we hung our heads (blech!) and tromped over to the office to get a late slip. Why were we late? Overslept--I hadn't reset my alarm from last weekend, when I didn't have to get up early at all. Monday, we'd woken up just fine; but yesterday, we were extra tired and I woke up at 7AM. It's pretty much impossible to get both of us ready in less than 2 hours; 1.5 was hard enough. Yoiks. They probably have some policy about getting some kind of stern letter or phone call after 3 tardies. I hate tardies.

Why did I think it was a good idea for G to go to school?

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

LMAO! what's the point? you're the one that made him late! you keep this up and they're going to have you for detention!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home