my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, September 19, 2005

It's, like, arthritis

Well, I wasted 1.5 hours of my life going to the doctor, only to have her pronounce timidly, "It's like arthritis" or perhaps it was "It's, like, arthritis." When I pressed her, she half-heartedly pronounced my ankle arthritic. No indication of rheumatoid versus osteoarthrtis (which I think matters...!)

Came away with a new prescription for my dwindling supply of generic Relafen and no new information (I already knew Relafen worked). And a caramel iced latte from Peets, when I really wanted the blended thing, whose name even now escapes me. And the gal who made it seemed kind of mad. Which annoyed me, 'cause heck, I could have crossed the street to Starbuck's, yk? Tch.

And the doc thought maybe I should go to P.T. to strengthen the muscles around the ankle--but was at a loss to explain why I never get this pain during or after 1 hour 15 minutes of hockey, or 1/2 hour of hard bike riding. (sigh)

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

Freddo. It's a Freddo.

 
At 4:54 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

Thank you. These things are important.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home