my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, October 31, 2005

I'm so proud of my boy.

I'm just amazed at this.

On Saturday, we went to our church's Hometown Halloween celebration. Wisely, they had set up a kid's table with xeroxes for them to color, and marker pens. G flipped one over and drew a little picture for me, complete with a grandfather clock. He gave it to me, declaring it mine. I thanked him, remarked on the clock, and laid it down next to me. He reached around me with the pen and made a mark on it. I frowned and asked him not to do this to my picture. He did it again. I handed it back, saying I didn't want it if he was going to ruin it. He apologized, promised not to do it again. I put it down and he did it again. I handed it back, very annoyed now.

He was busy for a bit (and I was distracted by the talent show), and handed it back. The back of it now said "I SRY." I asked, "Does that say, 'I'm sorry'?" He confirmed that it did. I was so proud of him, sounding it out and writing it down.

(but he needs to not be a nasty-butt in the first place!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home