my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

No, thanks, I'm good.

A certain Red div hockey player, hereafter known to all as "In," saw me at an Oakland Ice hockey class trying to lift the puck. Knowing all, she proceeded to barge on over and show me in painstaking detail how to lift the puck, starting it on the end of the stick with the stick angled thusly, drawing the puck in and changing the stick angle, blah blah Bob Loblaw. Didn't work for me. I tried it several times, with her correcting me (what a surprise!) at each juncture. Gave up.

Well, at Sunday's Green practice, I was chuckling to myself as I lifted the puck several times, using none of the methods taught to me by In. None. I still couldn't do it her way if I tried.

Thanks anyway, In. But no thanks.

4 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

i can't lift the puck at all if i do it the "right" way, but can almost all the time my way.

and the shots i make that lift during a game? totally unintentional. @#$%&!!!

 
At 5:35 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

BTW, she's "IN" maroon now. Aren't we lucky?

 
At 5:36 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

Andrea: argh!

Liz: OMG. I had no idea. I feel like wearing a black armband now.

 
At 2:36 PM, February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger!

The way you present the information on this site makes it so easy to access the right information at the right time. Pleased I took the time out to check it out. Most informative.

Regards,
money based home business

 

Post a Comment

<< Home