my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, October 31, 2005

MOVE, Brenda!

Another good practice in Green last night. One of the many non-breakout drills we did was to push our partner (with a hockey stick horizontally between) across the ice, with her resisting as best she could. I got Brenda, who has always been a solid player and good-natured.

But immovable! I kept finding myself yelling, "I'm just WALKING!" There was no skating going on on my part at all. Just step forward, shove, step, shove, repeat. When we got to the center line, I thought I was going to throw up. Hard work!

I got mine back when she had to pull me across the ice (with two hockey sticks, dog-sled style). I squatted and resisted as best I could. We were last. Yay!

A fun practice, with a too-short scrimmage. Great to see Andrea, Liz, Cheddah, and Murray (well, not actually SEE Murray).

1 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, November 01, 2005, Blogger cheddah said...

heh, wow, i am totally not like that Cheddah!

what a great cast, though - i'll have to check it out! Cheddah on da big screen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home