my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I love my grey hair.

There, I've said it. I love, love, love my grey hair. Was totally prepared to hate it. But the way it's coming in looks cool and is way cooler (and, need it be said? cheaper) than those highlights some hair stylist recommended last summer. O'course, I'm lucky in that I have light(ish) colored hair and the grey is more subtle than stark.

I am not fond of the slowly accumulating wrinkles, especially the frown line between my eyebrows. That my mother has an identical one does not console me. I am also not pleased with the way my skin looks like Old Lady Skin when I hold my head a certain way. It startles and annoys me.

But the grey, it can stay.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, December 21, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

hee, i like my white streak too, if only because people ask whose house was i painting.

 
At 1:24 PM, December 21, 2005, Blogger heather said...

good for you!

a bit random but: my mom's hair started turning grey at 18. and from that time until she was, i don't know, 45? that's how she left it, then she started coloring her hair. but in my head, when i think of my mom, all i see is the grey hair. well, and her face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home