my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, December 29, 2005

QOTD: What should I do for my birthday?

I had a fleeting moment of bliss today when I thought we had a Green game on my birthday. Just checked the schedule, and nope: we have one on 1/24 and one on 2/5. Crap. Will any of my hockey friends at least be playing on 1/29?

Probably doesn't matter, as our church's annual meeting is scheduled for that day. Can get lively (as it did last year, when I decided that I was the Church Troublemaker for challenging a vote of "Oh, we can't audit the books, so let's just not even try, again"--what crap!), but is generally tedious, long, and dull. Hm, great way to spend your birthday, eh?

The only thing that could make it worse would be if it were Super Bowl Sunday. Then again, if it were SBS, they probably wouldn't have scheduled the effing meeting that day.

So now I'm considering hiring a babysitter for hours on end on the 28th and going and doing something. Ideas?

5 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, December 29, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

yes, hopefully we'll be playing hockey on that sunday...in vegas! dang it, are we going to miss your birthday again?! =(

 
At 9:30 PM, December 29, 2005, Blogger heather said...

there's your birthday activity, jennie. stalk liz and andrea to vegas.

 
At 10:06 PM, December 29, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

Andrea, c'mere... I need to Kick. Your. Ass!

 
At 2:49 PM, December 30, 2005, Blogger Dharma said...

What "should" you do??? What do you *want* to do. Think big, think hopeful, think heart's desire.

 
At 11:13 PM, December 30, 2005, Blogger snarfdog said...

Skydiving

 

Post a Comment

<< Home