my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Pervasive weather

A coworker who is in Pennsylvania emailed me this morning to ask how things were here. She thought perhaps the office had closed, as she hadn't heard from anyone here yet this morning.

I was emailing back that things were fine, no big deal, when I glanced out my window and saw the huge tree that had fallen down at some point last weekend.

That certainly pales compared to having had to spend 30 mins pumping maybe 3" out of my driveway (which has French drains, or, as I like to call them, pieces of shit. Drain, my ass).

The tree has now been cut up and carted away, just moments before our afternoon rain began. Now there's just a stump and a huge hole where its foliage was.

Sure, we're not being flooded out, but I can't claim we're unaffected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home