my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I got glasses.

After we dropped off my gear at GHATD on Saturday (33 women! Folks turned away at the door and before the event! Yeah!), and helped 3 women dress, G wasn't interested in putting on warm things and helping in the rink. So we left and went to get some dinner and go to Target Greatland at the nearby mall.

Did my usual cloud-headed wander in Target, and in the pharmacy area, I happened upon a display of reading glasses. Knitting in fine yarn has been difficult lately, and I've been thinking of maybe getting a pair. I looked dutifully at their "if this is hard to read" chart and ended up with 1.25, the weakest pair. Picked out a pair I liked (that didn't look too dorky--what is WITH the big, dark frames?), then realized I couldn't look over them to see far. Ended up grabbing a pair of frameless skinny glasses that I could look over.

I wore them knitting and WOW I love them! This from a gal who has never worn glasses. G laughed and said I looked like a grandma. Hey, I'm OK with that.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger heather said...

what are you talking about? big dark frames are SO HOT.

 
At 5:49 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Thank you Heather, I think I look pretty hot in my dark frames too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home