my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Shrinking from obligations

Anyone else do this? I got a card from a good college friend, one of so many with whom I wish I got together more often. She wrote in some lovely birthday wishes, and as I opened it, I thought, "Oh, right, her birthday is like 5 days after mine; I should send her a card now." And... I didn't.

And now, a month later, it would still be nice to send a belated one. But am I going to do it? I wonder. I hate this. Why don't I just get off my ass, buy a card, write in it, and put it in the mail?

I do this with a lot of stuff.

OK, that, and why don't I just call her up (and my cousin, and my friend Jean, and my friend Briana, and and and) and set a date to get together?

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

omg, i *know*! i SUCK with birthdays. i meant to send my mother money for her birthday, thought it to myself months before her birthday, even talked to my haircut lady and have i? sigh.

and i've been trying to get together with my friend since SEPTEMBER and we haven't been able to meet. i got sick, her baby got sick, too stressed another day, etc, etc. i can't possibly be *that* busy, but i roll into our driveway at 10 or 11 most night!

so, are you shrinking or shirking? =P

 
At 6:56 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Um, maybe because you have too much on your plate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home