my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, February 27, 2006

Q: what happens when...

...a five-year-old tries to slice bread from a loaf with a butter knife? (photo to be posted later of massive bread carnage)

Bless his little heart, once I finally convinced him that he could make me lunch and, in fact, it was certainly his turn to do so, he really did it. He made me a cheese sandwich and even got me something to drink. Then he oh-so-methodically cleared off our little TV tray table, put it close to me, and put both our lunches on it.

My sandwich could have used condiments, or even some lettuce, but let me tell you, it was delicious in the way only a sandwich made by a serious 5-year-old boy can be.

(and I was able to keep knitting)

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

That is just too sweet. Loaf carnage be damned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home