my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, March 03, 2006

Smiling all day.

My (administrative) boss had to go to Bakersfield (again) earlier this week, and managed to catch a minor-league hockey game. He brought me back a game program, a ticket stub, and--a Bakersfield Condors t-shirt! He said I could wear it under my hockey jersey. Heck, I put it on right away!

I am tickled pink. Am betting I'm the only one I know with a Bakersfield Condors jersey.

Interesting to note from the program: not only are they obviously not wearing cages, none of them are wearing mouthguards! Stunning.

But then again, I remember watching the L.A. Kings play when only the sissy rookies wore helmets. (and I remember watching my favorite player warming up, and flashing me a big smile that showed very few teeth left.)

I can imagine the thrill of skating fast down the ice, a chill wind in your hair, but man, it ain't worth it.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Miss Web Developer said...

Hey, Good Deal.

I live in Bakersfield and don't own a Condors T-shirt. lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home