my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Questions to which one never answers "No"

"May I have more broccoli?"

"Can I help you clean?"

"Can I scrub the toilet?" (followed by a careful handwashing with lots of soap)

and last night's:
"Can I please go to bed early?"

I have found lately that when G goes to bed late, the lack of 'me' time tends to result in my going to sleep even later. When I have a cold, especially, this does not work. So really working hard on getting G to bed early meant I was happily esconced in bed, knitting madly, by 9PM, easily. And I got to knit for more than an hour, solid.

And he woke up on his own, which I much prefer, because it means he got enough sleep. Sadly, he did wake up pretty upset, having had a bad dream about jumping into water just outside his school's Media Center (mostly a library) and losing his shoes, and returning to find two of me, which disturbed him even more. Poor lamb.

We are out of eggs, so I couldn't make him pancakes this AM, so I took him to McD's instead... and for the first time in a long time, we were actually on time. Go figure.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, March 27, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

You are so cute. Your "me" time needs don't change just because G goes to bed later. Silly rabbit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home