my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, March 08, 2007

S'up?

G is reading a new "Captain Underpants" book, and today, on the way to school, there was a little 'homie' dialog. The way he said, "What up, dog?" completely cracked me up--he totally enunciated the 't' and that made it just hilarious. I tried to model how to downplay the 't' to make it more, eh, believable, but he just kept saying, "Whattt up, dog?"

I swear, I laughed for a full minute. Perhaps you had to be there.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, March 08, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

I think it's cute. And one dialect *does* pronounce the "t" and eliminates the "s" sound completely.
Last year, I think I forgot to tell you about this, when I was watching G, we were doing something in the backyard and talking. He said something was "hecka cool" and I could barely contain the giggles. Adolescent slang from a 6 year old cracked me up!

 
At 3:31 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Supee said...

Nope. Didn't have to be there. I'm still laughing!

 
At 3:57 AM, March 11, 2007, Blogger andrea said...

oh that's hysterical! i'll have to get him to say that next time i see him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home