my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lemons to lemonade


That little box of chocolates... I decided it was from some friend at the office*, just a sweet thing to do. But it felt sour with the recent breakup of my relationship. Crabby, crabby, crabby... I finally slid it out of sight behind something.

After lunch, I thought, "I haven't gotten G anything for Valentine's Day and he would really love it." So I decided to give him the little box. I holds probably 4 chocolates, so that's perfect.

Then dharma sent me this link. My little one just adores origami. I noticed that the pages from my page-a-day desk calendar are perfect squares. So I folded one up, colored it pink with my desk highlighter, and wrote "I love you G/Mommy" under the bottom flap.

I feel so much better! He is going to love this.

*everyone got one and no one has yet taken credit.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, February 15, 2007, Blogger snarfdog said...

Way to go Jennie!! And I bet he loved it.

 
At 12:53 PM, February 15, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

Creative reuse - LOVE it. Glad you found the link helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home