my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Why did no one tell me...

...that Free Skate is so much harder than hockey? I started thinking, "What is it about wearing that hockey gear that makes it all easier?" Then I realized: when you play hockey, or even practice, you get some time to rest periodically. In Free Skate, you just keep going around and around, and even if you're just skating relaxedly, it is work. And if you practice your transitions (when did I lose my transition from back to front? wobble wobble wobble) and crossovers and fast-between-the-blue-lines and fast-lap and fast-two-laps... man, 1/2 hour just seems interminable. Thank God Lunch Bunch (oh, now it's "Lunchtime Skate Special," because what? that's catchier?) ends at 2.

And now, to nap.

Oh, and---their frickin' Pro Shop was closed, so I couldn't get my skates sharpened! Do I dare do it right before Red Tryouts on Sunday?

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, March 16, 2007, Blogger Dharma said...

do whatever you can, just go to the tryouts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home