my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, May 12, 2008

Denial is an unpleasant place to leave

Tonight is the official evaluation for G for whatever it is that might be sparking his behavior problems. We have one appointment tonight and one next Monday night.

What I keep doing, though, is forgetting about this appointment. Then I remember with a start. I am really concerned that I'll gasp at 7:10, "Oh shit!" and go screaming off to make part of the appointment... argh.

I know what it's about, that I don't want this to be our reality even as a possibility, but that still doesn't make it pleasant to have these horrid wake-up calls. Perhaps after tonight it will seem easier.

And largely, it has been easier. Whatever has been happening, G has been much more calm and mostly sweet. He had a rough day yesterday, breaking down in tears a few times, but that has been very rare. (The last episode was over a guy at the next table over in the restaurant joking with G who had just picked up the guy's keys, having thought they were mine. The guy said, "You can't drive my car" and G just crumpled, embarrassed and feeling chastised, I think. The guy felt SO bad, but how could he know? G doesn't know how people might joke in that sort of situation.)

Anyway, I'm off to set a bunch of alarms and leave myself a phone message. If anyone wants to call me at 6:20PM, you're welcome to.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger Dharma said...

Oh I wish I had been reading more regularly! {{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home