my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, September 22, 2005

5 Reasons Why It's Bad to Type Fast

1. I had read Andrea's blog last night, and wanted to make 2 quick comments. When I went to submit the second one, it said "Please wait 20 seconds between comments. (7 seconds left)."

2. If you let folks at work know you type fast, you may end up with stupid, boring typing jobs instead of interesting, challenging work.

3. At meetings, someone will usually ask you to type the notes, when it's way better to be able to veg out or draw funny pictures while you pretend to be paying attention. And you invariably take laborious notes of some things and sparse ones of others--the opposite of what some outspoken person wants to see.

4. I used to have my calling card number memorized. I was making a call at a pay phone once, and tapped the number in really fast (800 number, then the code), and a guy waiting to use the phone asked, "Is it not working?" I guess he thought I was pounding on in frustration.

5. I typed so fast that I forgot what number 5 was.

In answer to your question, 75, but I've tested as high as 90.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger heather said...

also when you type too fast, other people can complain and say, "you type too fast! it's so noisy!"

not that i would know. ;-p

 
At 10:18 AM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Jennie said...

Yeah, I've had that, too. (Wierd, I didn't think this blog entry had gotten in--internet probs yesterday.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home