my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I can afford a $2. lunch

Someone who shall remain nameless (but who is unknown to probably all of you) recently suggested that I could qualify for Free Lunch for G. How is that, you may ask? I make (what seems to me as) a pretty healthy salary.

She says I could write down a $2400/mo monthly salary, and that they don't check.

I've been carrying this around for a bit. Clearly, it bugs me. About half of G's school is on free lunch. I had always wondered how that could be, in Alameda of 30% higher rents than Oakland (I'm guessing). I guess now I know.

I'm frugal (the Coupon Queen), but I am so incredibly happy to pay that $2/day for not having to make my kid a lunch, I cannot even tell you. And it doesn't seem right to pay less than that, when I can.

3 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

interesting. and what are you going to tell graham about cheating when the time comes for that lesson?

glad you have the ethics, honor, conscience, etc, to do the Right Thing(tm). clearly other people don't. =/

 
At 8:56 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

ditto what Andrea said.

 
At 10:47 AM, March 17, 2006, Blogger wen said...

yes, i agree. bad example, bad karma, bad all around. my feeling is that if you pretend to need something like that, the universe will make sure to ensure that you do, in fact, need it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home