my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, December 11, 2006

"1-2-3 Not It!"

I'd totally forgotten this, but it came up when we went into deliberation. I had planned on being the Presiding Juror from about 2 days into the trial. OK, maybe 1 day.

Then the day came, and our first assignment was to choose a Presiding Juror. Someone said, OK, who wants to be it? and I raised my hand and looked around a table at eleven relieved faces and no other raised hands. I laughed and said I'd been sure someone else would want it. One of the other jurors touched his nose and said the above phrase and I'd remembered that from school days, when you didn't want to be It for Tag.

So, Dharma, it wasn't that they recognized me as anything all that special. But I really did enjoy it and did find the power of the position really fascinating.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Hey I was only trying to move away from the position of you being a power hungry tyrant. But if you want to claim it, who am I to stop you. I am hardly surprised that Miss I'll do it! volunteered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home