my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Saturday, November 18, 2006

O Osento, my Osento

Found out recently that my Osento tub card is dated 1999. Clearly, I don't go nearly often enough. There was that time when Dharma and my first gf went there for my birthday. When Nancy arrived, we went down to Mission for a wonderful Peruvian meal at Fina Estampa, me having my favorite chicken-smothered-in-green-rice dish.

Well, K and I went there tonight and I was astonished to find it had moved! Far away! No green rice for me tonight. (new address is under the link)

Well, we found a nice Mexican restaurant on the other corner of the block and I had some delicious grilled fish and K had really good (so she said; I didn't get to taste them) cheese enchiladas. And we were serenaded by a mariachi guy. K said it was a love song. O'course, it could have been a peanut butter jingle for all I knew (but I trust K; her Spanish is wicked good).

Then with full bellies, we headed to Osento. The place was practically deserted! The gal at the front desk, after I expressed my astonishment, said it had actually been the busiest she'd ever seen--but that everyone had filed out of there moments before! So we nearly had the place all to ourselves.

Aah, it was wonderful and so relaxing, as always. We did epsom-salt rubs in the wet sauna (and the other sauna is now dry or wet, according to what the occupants want!) and relaxed on the private deck. Soaked again in the tub and it was time to go already.

Such a nice evening. Contented smile on my face, that's for sure.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, November 19, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Sounds like a lovely evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home