my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Baptism, in all its versions

We have been discussing baptism for a little while in our house, and G has decided he wants to be baptised. So I mentioned it to our minister, who was rather enthused. We talked with her about it last night. It is amazing the variations one can do with baptism.

But G has gone hot and cold with it. His latest fear, which comes up often these days, is that folks will laugh at him. With younger kids, the minister asks, in the service, the parent(s) whether to have the child baptised. With older kids, the minister asks the child him/herself. G is worried that if he speaks, folks will laugh at him. So I told him they wouldn't, and had him ask Rev. Laura herself. She assured him they wouldn't--that a baptism is a time when the congregation shows their love for him.

I think it's going to be great. He is unfazed by the possibility of the dripping water, and that seems like that last hurdle, to me. :) I hope to have many friends and family there. The tentative date is January 14, 2007.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, November 11, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Whew. I just checked my schedule for school. RC is after the baptism. Close call. It starts on the 18th!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home