my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Oops.

Forgot to blog for 2 days. My excuse is that I have a cold. Or rather, I hab a code. I guess it started Sunday, when we showed up to church totally late, me whipping out a Kleenex for my fast-dripping nose. We soon decided just to skip church that day. It wasn't a church attendance day, apparently. I did pray a bit as we left, thanking God for the beautiful day.

We went home and putzed around the house till I finally got my stuff together and we headed out to my office for me to get a few hours in. This was because my sister was in town for a whirlwind visit, ostensibly for her bf to see his son in SF. The original plan was to meet for breakfast in the East Bay Monday morning, but then she changed it, late Sunday night, to lunch in SF. For some reason, she expected me to be furious. I tried to be, but failed.

Lunch was a comedy of errors--the directions were "The hunan place on Columbus." Uh, WHICH Hunan place? Turned out it is really called Hunan (something) and it is NOT, after all, on Columbus--it's several blocks off Columbus, on Sansome. As we went in, K murmured, "He's right--this is the best Hunan restaurant in San Francisco." She knew the place! The food was hot, hot, hot but tasty. It was good to see my sister, if only for about an hour. Then they took off to drive back to Ashland.

We joked about them lessening the visiting time next time, till they spend more time driving than visiting.

I want to meet them at the Italian restaurant in North Beach. You know, the one with the garlic bread. Yeah.

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, November 14, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Hm, K gets sick, then Jennie gets sick. A connection? Nah.

 
At 3:43 PM, November 14, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Ah, but you are mistaken--she had a tummy thing, after mine on Weds/Thurs. Now I have a cold and she has a scratchy throat. I am Typhoid Mary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home