my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, November 10, 2006

Multiply life by the power of two

Went to the Indigo Girls concert tonight. The opening act, Bitch and the Surprising Conclusion, joked that it was now Indigo Womyn. Well, I thought it was funny...

I didn't know even half the songs they sang (and was kicking myself for not having more of their albums, even though I love Nomads, Indians, Saints), but they really were great. And the songs I loved, they encouraged singing on. I ended up singing "Power of Two" at the top of my lungs with K gazing on lovingly. Man, what a romantic moment. What a great concert.

I had a moment of panic partway through the concert, thinking I should call to see how G was doing. I said something to K, who said exactly the right things: that he is in very capable hands, she can resolve anything, and has the cell phone number. It really helped, despite my lightheadedness after a day of mild stomach flu. Work will probably not recognize me tomorrow. Ah, to win the lottery...!

And yes, he was just fine.

so we're okay we're fine baby i'm here to stop your crying chase all the ghosts from your head i'm stronger than the monster beneath your bed smarter than the tricks played on your heart we'll look at them together then we'll take them apart adding up the total of a love that's true multiply life by the power of two

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, November 10, 2006, Blogger wen said...

oh, i love the ig and power of two! :)

 
At 10:06 AM, November 10, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

so mushy. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home