my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, November 10, 2006

Things you never thought you'd do #386

386. Send the link to the Poopsmith song to your general manager. By her request.

So get this: we have two sets of women's bathrooms in our fairly small office. One is the standard room with 4 stalls. The other one is a one-roomer, with the shower at the back. I use the latter one the most, as it is most convenient to my office, and, as you may have picked up already, I am as lazy as anything.

Over the past, hm, year and a half?, I have noticed poop on the floor. Twice. Little tiny poop. Once, one piece, actually kind of smushed onto the floor. The other time, a little ball. Both times, the thoughts running through my head were something like

"Hm, what is that? Mud?"
"OMG, I think it's poop. EEEWWWWW!"
"Fuck, it is poop."
"I can't leave that on the floor, for someone else to step in. Gag, I'm going to have to clean it."
It hadn't actually occurred to me till just now that if I'd left it, I might have been accused as the pooper herself.
(gathers lots of tp, gets the poop up, drops in toilet, flushes, shudders)

Then I'd go tell a coworker, if nothing else but to vent the ickiness.

Well, last week, she saw two small balls of poop in the open garbage can next to the toilet--the one for used tampons, etc. I might have left them there, as they were out of stepping-on range. She carefully tipped the otherwise-empty can over the toilet but was massively grossed out. WTF is happening? (and then she shared with me, of course, as I'd shared with her before. She also told our GM, who is female but uses the other bathroom, as it is more convenient to her.)

We have no answers. An email was sent out before. Now the GM is going to have a meeting. I have no idea how she is going to handle this. She hopes the above song will lighten the mood. She just wrote back that she is laughing so hard at the song. Oh, man!

Interesting times...

4 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, November 10, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

I am not sure what to say. Really. Enthusiastic wiping?

 
At 3:10 AM, November 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, my first inclination is rats. I mean really, doesn't that make the most sense for poop pellets in the bathroom?

-michele (nuclear)

 
At 11:41 PM, November 12, 2006, Blogger Wyatt's Mom said...

somedays you da shit
and somedays you're the turd

 
At 3:17 PM, November 13, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

one of my favorite songs!

yeah, must be animal poop, how many women are in your office and of those, how many are disgruntled enough to poop on the floor.

now if someone's bringing their kid and that kid is badly behaved, you got another story. someone, i'm assuming a kid, pooped in the urinal at the office. in the girls' room, some other kid made a mess of the tampons, which i picked up because that's not cool to leave for the cleaning people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home