my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dinner party vs. cleaning the house

Just hosted a dinner party for a gal coming in from out of town. She's on a lesbian-and-bi moms email list that I'm on and a few of us Bay Area gals got together to meet her.

Fully admitting my control-freak instincts, I bought everything we would need for the dinner. I had gotten the lasagne from a silent auction at my church ("romantic dinner for two"), but K doesn't eat pork and it contained sausage, so I decided to use it for this and buy a veggie lasagne to go with. Bought my favorite salad-in-a-bag, two loaves of par-baked Italian bread, one baguette for bruschetta with TJ's bruschetta sauce, and got out a bottle of wine I'd had around. (Turned out to be a fairly mediocre but not awful Zin.) I also bought a lemon tart and then more folks RSVPd and I thought, whoops, that's not enough dessert. Friends offered and I accepted their offer to bring more dessert (over-the-top banana split fixings!).

When the party was over, K said, boy, you are quite the hostess! I love, love, love having dinner parties.

If it weren't for having to clean the house, I swear, I'd have theme every weekend, if not twice a weekend.

On the other hand, sounds like a good tradeoff... I get to host a party and have a clean house. Hmmm!

3 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

Let's switch off weeks! I love hosting things too.

 
At 7:50 AM, November 16, 2006, Blogger wen said...

i have no place to host! drats! but i, too, love having dinner parties (and games nights with dinner/nice snacks). :)

 
At 3:42 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger andrea said...

i missed the lemon tart! HOW could i miss the lemon tart?

oh, probably because i was groaning from all the ice cream i ate. =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home