my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The mind wanders

As I was driving home from hockey tonight, and was crossing the San Mateo bridge, I looked over at the towers with cables strung between them and thought of an incident years ago.

A friend of my sister's MIL lost her husband in a helicopter accident. "Laurent" (let's say) was in a helicopter with 2 others tracing a river in the Pacific Northwest. The helicopter ran into some cables spanning the river and crashed. All three were declared dead, but... "Laurent"'s body was never found.

I felt very sorry for this friend's loss. She was quite devoted to "Laurent."

But I always wondered, having read too many spy novels, if he is actually alive somewhere. yk?

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, November 20, 2006, Blogger Wyatt's Mom said...

I love grassy knoll theories. You could write a book on that idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home