my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, May 12, 2008

I knew it would work

So y'all may remember that I signed up for water polo class not to learn/excel at/be great at water polo, but to improve my conditioning, provided that I didn't die.

Well, I'm not dead yet, and even though I'm still the slowest swimmer in the class, I am getting better at this thing.

And today, when I made up a missed class in the coach's regular swim class, I got a clear message that my conditioning is definitely better. We did a timed 500-yd swim and she happened to have my times from the last timed swim (must have been another make-up class).

Previous time: 13:56

New time: 12:10

Wow! So it is worth it to nearly drown and die of exhaustion twice a week. Who knew?

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger Dharma said...

Dang girl! That's impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home