my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Monday, March 20, 2006

This is still making me chuckle

Last week, on one of the rainy days, G looked a little different when I came to pick him up from Y-Kids. His hair was damp and rumpled. Then one of the teachers came up to me and informed me G had been in a timeout. His misbehavior?

He had stood under a rainspout, getting himself soaked. Just for fun.

A good mom would have frowned and explained exactly why this is a bad idea and should not happen again.

I'm not a good mom.

4 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger snarfdog said...

Oh, you're the best Mom in this case. Come on, you only get to be a kid once, ya ought to enjoy it. I'm glad he can find pleasure in the outdoors.

 
At 6:41 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger heather said...

haha! nice!

 
At 6:01 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Dharma said...

So why did he get a time out for that? On one hand I understand, but on the other, com'on he was exploring sensations, being in his skin - all the things a five year old should be doing.

 
At 2:49 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Jennie said...

Ah, yes, but he does have asthma, and a really bad respiratory infection can be dangerous...

but dang, it was funny. Still is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home