my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Friday, June 10, 2005

Graduation?!?

My kid graduates today. For those of you counting on your fingers, he's graduating from preschool. "Graduation?" you say. Yeah, yeah, I know; I feel like the step from K to 1st grade is bigger. But they had us buy (uck, barf!) yellow graduation gowns w/mortarboards and silly "2005 Graduate" sashes, and will hold a graduation ceremony today.

And I'll cry my freakin' eyes out. That's a given. (viz. the waterproof mascara.)

I'm very proud of my kid. He's still doing word searches (it wasn't a fluke, Andrea!). And still does crazy math in his head ("10 and 10 is.... twenty. Right, Mom?"). And is mostly not hitting his classmates when they cause him dismay (oy vey, my son). Mostly, he's gone from Tiny Baby to Big Kid at this school. And will transition to Summer School on July 5, wow.

Gotta get ready to go and save 3 seats and set up my video camera. Hey, just because I think it's a little silly doesn't mean I take a break from SuperMom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home