my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, June 12, 2008

"...Ovaltine?"

I just 'won' a bra on eBay, a model I've bought there several times, but this time it was lavender and more expensive. I decided I would like that, bid on it, and won.

After I won, the seller approached me that she had matching panties, which I knew as she had 2 auctions, one for bra & one for bra + panties for about $20 more. I said, yes, I knew about them, but I buy my panties at the outlet and those are too pricey for me. Then she wrote and said she had another of these bras in my size and would I like it. No, thank you, just the one, I wrote back firmly.

Just found an invoice from PayPal for the panties with a brusque "Size, please" note attached.

It reminds me of the scene in Young Frankenstein where Cloris Leachman's character just doesn't want to leave Dr. Frankenstein's (new) bedroom (turns out she was the lover of the late Dr. Frankenstein). She offers beverage after beverage, and finally leans back with a parting offer: "Ovaltine?"

Um, no thanks, just the bra, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home