my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Rant: "Thank you for calling [insert company name here]."

So I discover a small snafu with our Kaiser prescriptions, esp. my son's, since our pediatrician (boo hoo!) has left Kaiser. I refilled one that she wrote and they charged me full price instead of the Kaiser 'prescription benefit' price ($75 versus $5). Called the pharmacy and straightened that part out, then called the new pediatrician's office and asked that she re-generate all of his prescriptions (for asthma) with her name on them so this doesn't happen again.

The advice nurse calls back to confirm some stuff and is very nice, then ends the call with, "Thank you for calling Kaiser." WTF? Who else am I going to call to straighten out my son's prescriptions with Kaiser, done by our pediatrician, who is a Kaiser pediatrician? I'd rather they just not say it, or morph it to something like Southwest says at the end of a flight: "We realize you have a choice of airlines to fly, and appreciate that you have chosen us."

And just now, I was calling Albertson's about my missing ATM card. "Thank you for calling Albertson's." Well, I'm not about to freaking call Safeway when I was not there the last time I saw my ATM card! And I called the tiny, freakish in-grocery-store BofA branch to see if they have it and hung up before they could say, "Thank you for calling Bank of America"... or maybe they wouldn't have said it, since they had just told me that if you lose a non-BofA ATM card, well, fuck you, because we don't even KEEP A RECORD of cards that we retrieve from the ATMs if they're not BofA cards. Nice.

OK, rant over. Dang, I had a QotD. What was it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home