my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Yeah! The Lair!

I could hardly be more excited about going to the Lair of the Golden Bear next week. Every time I think about it, my heart starts to race. I'm already packing the week full of things to do--or not do! I'm bringing 3 paperbacks (and my Itty Bitty Book Light) so I can sit on my ass and read for hours. I'm bringing my fins & kickboard (and goggles, can't forget those) so I can do lap swims in their huge pool. I'm bringing hiking boots to do hikes. I'm bringing a warm jacket so we can sit around the big campfire and hear the guest speakers (and see the inevitably stupid skits). I'm bringing wine and cards so my sister & mom can whup my ass in whatever we play (I really do think I'm smart but cardgames are not my forte) while we sip out of dining-hall coffee cups.

I'm bringing cash to buy clay for throwing pots (omg, I love pottery) and white t-shirts for tie-dying (I was mad I hadn't brought more last time).

YEAH! or as Liz would say, FUCK YEAH!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, June 27, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

heh, that actually sounds like fun! have a good time, make some nice pots and cool tshirts. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home