my soft spot

just a mom who plays hockey and knits

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Lazy weekends, not the kind I love

So yesterday, we were invited to a birthday part 2-4PM at a local park. It was the ONLY thing we had going all day, and yet we couldn't even manage to be on time. We weren't the last guests, but geesh, 20 minutes late to a party 9 minutes away from home? Sigh.

And today, I only wanted to go to church. Didn't have much hopes of managing to arrive there by 9:15AM in time for the summer 'pickup' choir, but thought I'd make the service, at least. Felt pretty dejected when I looked up at the clock and saw that it was 10:41 and there I was, still in my PJs. Finally got Graham into the tub about 11:30 (he smelled a bit funky) and forced hair-washing on him (had to check the bottle to confirm that it wasn't full of sulfuric acid, geesh, can that guy complain!), then settled down for a relaxing bath myself. Little dude decided to hop in himself after a while, not so relaxing but it did crack me up a bit.

Then I finally got it together enough to get the dishes caught up (ugh) and run a few loads of laundry. Still need to mow the lawn and do some (OK, a LOT of) weeding out front. And then there's the general tidying that's needed. Not gonna be hosting the book group this month, yuck.

Went out to Trader Joe's to get pizza dough, came back and made pizza as well as baked a little quiche for Graham and samosas for me (DON'T shop when you're hungry!). Now it's a quarter to nine and we need to get into bed already. Oh well, at least I've been getting to work on time all week and have been really productive--and some of it I really like.

Oh, AND I started off the weekend by playing in my first game of my summer season--complete with Liz's (THANKS) right-hand stick. Made some nice shots and, if I say so myself, a sweet cross from the corner. And did my best to shove Nora around, despite the 12 1/4" she's got on me. Ah, man, I LOVE hockey. So that's good.

Here's to a good week. (Oh, and I managed to remember to call my mom on her birthday and Graham decided to sing "Happy Birthday to You" all by himself. Left a message for my sister to call but apparently it didn't reach her in time and she is in dutch with Mom. Hey, I tried.) Dang, 5 till 9 and I gotta get in bed. Oy.

1 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, July 11, 2005, Blogger andrea said...

you did GREAT on D! a natural! and it's so excellent to be on the ice with you again, even if you did forget your knee brace. =)

"she is in dutch with Mom"

what's that mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home